Holiday Gift Guide: Bubba Style
Feat. Elliott Stark
Buying the perfect gift for those passionate about being outside can seem intimidating. It doesn’t have to be. Whether it is you who enjoys fishing or the outdoors or someone on your shopping list, Bubba has you covered. The following five items combine the performance, versatility, and quality that will make them right at home on any boat, tackle box… or wrapped up under any tree.
1. Sculpin Pocket KnifeLooking for a versatile, all-around blade that is ready for anything the road throws at you? Search no further. A folding pocket knife, the Sculpin is designed for single-hand operation. Sharp enough to shave with (we don’t recommend this), the Sculpin is a great addition to anyone’s fishing arsenal. It also works well in the console of your truck, your boat, the pocket of your jeans or jacket… or most anywhere you take it.
2. Shimano Stradic 4000The Stradic is Shimano’s take on the spinning reel. Small in profile, broad in application, the Stradic 4000 is perfect for lakes, rivers or inshore saltwater applications. When spooled with 8 or 12 pound mono, it’s a terror on largemouth or crappie. Pop on some light braided line and it can cover any of your inshore saltwater needs—redfish, trout, snook, you name it. No matter where you fish, you can always find a use for a Stradic 4000.
3. Bahura HoodyThe Bahura is a staple of the Bubba apparel line, and for good reason. Long-sleeved, form-fitting and soft to the touch, the Bahura combines a variety of technical fishing applications with a great touch of fashion. Perfect for cool days on the water, the Bahura incorporates bamboo fabric-- making it one of the most sustainable apparel choices on the market. Available in men’s and women’s styles, in a variety of colors, the Bahura is designed to keep you protected on the water and looking great in the process.
4. Yeti Rambler 30 Ounce TumblerThis was the cup that started it all... and it’s still the best. Before the “Yeti Cup” your only choices in drinkware were plastic or glass. Composed of kitchen-grade stainless steel, complete with double-wall vacuum insulation, the Rambler keeps colds cold and hots hot… for a long time. Available in a variety of colors and made for adventure, there is not a sportsman (or lady) who would not be happy to unwrap this one.
5. 8.5" Pistol Grip PliersThese pliers are Bubba’s take on the classic needle nose found in every angler’s bag. Packed full of features, the pliers are spring-loaded, have a nonslip grip and pack all the leverage necessary to safely remove hooks from even the toothiest of critters. These corrosion-resistant aluminum pliers also include a crimper, a pair of carbine cutters, a lanyard hole, and high carbide stainless jaws. Every angler needs a pair of pliers… rest assured that these will get the job done.
About Elliott StarkElliott Stark is the Editor-In-Chief of InTheBite Magazine. A marine biologist, Elliott has traveled the world, working in billfish conservation, fishing, writing about it, and running a marlin fishing lodge in Panama. To date he has fished on four continents and is a spearfish away from a billfish Royal Slam. He has two little girls and also enjoys hunting and grilling animals.